Regulations for New Number Plates and Green Card/Sticker

Welcome Scooby fans! This is our guestbook, feel free to drop a line

Regulations for New Number Plates and Green Card/Sticker

HozzászólásSzerző: hazzah » 2004.10.22., pén. 13:30

I'll write this is English... it may be of use to others...

In May I imported a car. Mozaic utca performed the mechanical examination. I got "E" plates from the Okmany Iroda whilst wiating for "Interpol" clearance. Which eventually arrived. Yesterday I got my final number plates. Of course they have no Green Card Sticker (Matrica)

What about the Green Card and number plate sticker? Nobody has mentioned this anywhere. So since passing the exam at Mozaic utca the car has had no Green Card or numberplate sticker.

Have I been breaking the law?
Do I need one now before I can use the car?
Do I have some time to get the Green Card?

And a general question.
What happens in Hungary when the Okmany Iroda issues new plates. What do you do about the Green card and Sticker?

Thanks, Pieter
Subaru Forest Turbo S (2000 Auto)
hazzah
Kezdő
Kezdő

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Re: Regulations for New Number Plates and Green Card/Sticker

HozzászólásSzerző: Subaru Junkie » 2006.06.17., szomb. 04:26

hazzah írta:
What about the Green Card and number plate sticker? Nobody has mentioned this anywhere. So since passing the exam at Mozaic utca the car has had no Green Card or numberplate sticker.

Have I been breaking the law?
Do I need one now before I can use the car?
Do I have some time to get the Green Card?

And a general question.
What happens in Hungary when the Okmany Iroda issues new plates. What do you do about the Green card and Sticker?

Thanks, Pieter

Those are totally different things, what you've just done was part of the importing process, in order to get the " green card " the car has to pass a vehicle examination. You should check with your local motor vehicle commision aka " KPM " or try the Magyar Auto Klub they should be able to answer your questions.
Subaru Junkie
Haladó
Haladó

Been liked: 0 time

Re: Regulations for New Number Plates and Green Card/Sticker

HozzászólásSzerző: ronin » 2006.06.18., vas. 16:41

hazzah írta:Have I been breaking the law?

Yes, you did. However, if you did not get caught, it does not matter. Just take it to an emission measuring center (or whatever) and get the green "card" and the sticker. You should be fine.

hazzah írta:Do I need one now before I can use the car?

Once again, if you do not get caught, you are fine. If you do, then they can detach your license plate and can take your car registration (from then on it will be a pain to get it back etc.)

hazzah írta:Do I have some time to get the Green Card?

It is about 30 minutes of your life, plus travel time to the nearest station. That's it. :)

hazzah írta:What happens in Hungary when the Okmany Iroda issues new plates. What do you do about the Green card and Sticker?

That is pretty much the same question in pink. However, if you meant that you get new license plates but you had your Emission documents, you should be able to get a replacement sticker in no time for almost no money.

Cheers,

Ronin
ronin
Dumazsák
Dumazsák

Been liked: 13 times

Vissza: English